Senior Software Engineer
Tucows has been on the Internet since people unironically called it the Information Superhighway.
Today, we’re the second largest domain wholesaler in the world with over 14,925405 domains under management (OpenSRS / Enom). We’re doing all kinds of interesting things, including running an MVNO cell phone service (Ting) and building fiber to the premises networks in towns and cities across the US (Ting Internet). We offer individual and small business domains and integration with various popular platforms (Hover/Ascio and many more).
We’re a team of over 600 serving tens of millions of customers around the world. Our growth has been incredible, smart and measured (NASDAQ: TCX, TSX: TC). Our success is built on a solid technology foundation, thanks to the people that work with Tucows.
We've given some serious thought to who we are as a company, what our goals are, and how we're going to achieve them. We have made a commitment to the principles that guide our everyday decisions:
- We work as a team to exceed our customers' expectations
- We protect the Tucows brand by delivering the highest quality standards in every aspect of our business
- Even though we’re a pretty large company, we strive to limit bureaucracy and get good ideas off the ground quickly
- We believe anyone, at any level in the organization, can bring forward ideas, initiatives and creative input
Our platforms provide 24x7 availability and a high degree of scalability and manage millions and millions of email messages, API calls, and transactions, every day. We work in real-time, so it requires a steady hand and a cool head.
We are inviting experienced, senior software engineers to join our Shared Services team. The Shared Services team is responsible for building and maintaining a host of services that are used across all of Tucows’ major business units. These microservices enable functions within Tucows that are common to all of our platforms - customers, billing, payments, etc.
What you'll do
- Collaborate with internal Product Managers to define shared services’ features.
- Provide level of effort estimates for delivering features.
- Build and launch scalable, reliable, and resilient microservices.
- Partner with Operations to operationalize shared services via training and documentation.
- Employ Agile software development tools and best practices.
- Learn, grow, and have fun!
Who You Are
- Have substantive software engineering experience and a proven track record of writing elegant, maintainable, self-documenting code in languages like Python, Java, Go, etc.
- You have years of experience with web frameworks.
- Have experience with open source RDBMSes, NoSQL databases, and event streaming platforms.
- You are familiar with microservice and service-oriented architecture frameworks and design patterns.
- You know, and can demonstrate, the value of agile processes, continuous integration, and continuous delivery.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- You love to collaborate, are a good team player, an excellent listener, and are fun to work with.
Who You Might Be
- Someone with wholesale or retail domain experience.
- A person who’s worked for an ISP.
- Someone that’s familiar with telcos, especially MVNOs.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package with invested growth opportunity. If are ready to be part of a fast-growing technology company where you determine your future, we want to hear from you.