Content and Copywriting Specialist
Ting, part of Tucows, is looking for a creative Content and Copywriting Specialist to join the in-house creative team.
We’re doing some pretty cool stuff. If you like cool stuff it’d be cool to do cool stuff together.
As you can see, we need you.
You should have some. We’re more interested in what you’ve done than in exactly how long you’ve been doing it though, so let’s talk about that. If your experience is agency, then so much the better as your ability to navigate that world and juggle a bunch of competing priorities will be invaluable.
You’ll work exclusively on Ting Mobile and Ting Internet to start. Once you’re killing it, there are opportunities to expand your reach, working with other brands under the Tucows umbrella and on Tucows itself.
You’ll join the Content and Communications team which is one half of the in-house agency and is closely partnered with the Design and UX team on promotions, site copy and architecture, site flow, outreach pieces, brand pieces, social media, video and a whole lot more.
About the role
As the Content and Copywriting specialist, you’ll bring the Ting voice to everything you touch. From marketing collateral to blog posts to web copy, you’re comfortable writing in brand voice and being an advocate for brand messaging. You get why a consistent communications style is important, and you have a keen eye for noticing what is or is not consistent branding out in the world. You’re detail oriented but not myopic. You give your all to each of the multiple projects you’ll be balancing at once. You’ll work with marketers and designers, in the Toronto office, on Slack and possibly on the road with our Ting team members in the US and elsewhere.
Writing for Ting Marketing: 40 percent
Half of your time will be dedicated to the Ting Mobile and Ting Internet Marketing teams as a copywriter. You’ll bring the Ting voice to everything you touch, from billboards in our Ting Internet Towns to digital ad campaigns for Ting Mobile.
- Writing copy for marketing collateral (brochures, mailers, pamphlets)
- Out of home advertisements (billboards, bus ads)
- Marketing landing pages
- Facebook, Google and Instagram ads and posts
Writing for Ting Product: 20 percent
A portion of your time will be dedicated to writing for the Ting site, managed by the Ting Product team. You’ll bring the Ting voice to the user experience, encouraging site visitors to take the next step in their digital journey. You’ll prioritize the most important words, and do a lot in a small space.
- Work with the Product Team to create copy
- Work with the Product Design team to test copy
- Organize information for an optimal customer experience
- Iterate based on testing results
Writing for Ting Content and Communications: 40 percent
Our in-house Content and Communications team is the creative machine that tells the Ting brand story. We run social, produce video and manage the blog, all to get Ting’s core branding message out into the world, in front of customers.
You’ll be pitching story ideas that support the Ting brand and the Mobile and Internet products, collaborating on story ideas with the team and executing on blog posts and copy.
- SEO and keyword research to support your blog story ideas
- Writing blog content based on SEO
- Writing podcast scripts and interviews
- Writing video scripts
- Blog posts to support social contests or giveaways
- Blog posts to support the brand story
- Copywriting for collateral associated with sponsorships of gamers, YouTubers, streamers and podcasters
- Copywriting and proofing for video projects
What you bring to the team
- You’re organized and efficient. You can balance multiple tasks and prioritize as needed.
- You’re a self-starter. You’re all about trying new things.
- You’re motivated and self-directed.
- You’re open to and eager for feedback.
- You’ve got a passion for the written word and an opinion on the Oxford comma.
- You appreciate good branding when you see it in the wild.
- You love the Internet.
Your knowledge, skills and expertise
- Demonstrable copywriting experience.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Experience providing and taking feedback constructively.
- Experience navigating large teams a plus.
The successful candidate will work at the Ting and Tucows Toronto office in Liberty Village. Tucows employees receive a very competitive compensation package that includes comprehensive insurance and benefits program focused on personal wellness, options after 1 year of service, wealth management programs, generous vacation time allotment. Not to mention the opportunity to work alongside a motivated, passionate team both online and IRL.
A bit about our brands
Ting Mobile shook up the mobile industry in 2012 offering fair pricing, usable interfaces, and shockingly non-phone-company-like customer support. Today we have over 200,000 subscribers, 400 dedicated employees across multiple offices and over $50 million in annual revenue. We are also consistently among the top-rated US cell phone services by Consumer Reports.
Ting Internet brings the same ethos to fixed access with crazy fast fiber Internet for homes and businesses. We're investing millions in fiber networks and partnering with small towns to change what Americans expect from their Internet service and their Internet service provider. We’ve already launched gigabit fiber Internet service in six Ting Towns across the US. People and businesses alike are loving the speed and the customer support and they are telling their friends.
Ting is part of Tucows (NASDAQ:TCX), an Internet company founded in 1994. We believe in the power of the Internet for good so we actively work for net neutrality and open Internet causes. We’re partnering with smaller cities and towns to change what Americans expect from their Internet service and their Internet service providers.
Tucows is an equal opportunity employer. If you have any accessibility requirements or concerns regarding the hiring process, please notify us so we can provide suitable accommodation.