Operations Manager - Ting Mobile, Customer Experience
At Ting (a division of Tucows), customer service is part of the product. We pride ourselves on delivering a memorable experience to our customers, and we’re looking for a Customer Experience Operations Manager who is passionate about customer service to help us on our journey.
You are a customer service professional with a passion for people and technology with a consistent track record of getting things done. You are an influential communicator who takes a consultative approach with your Team and an advocate for your customers. You are detail-oriented, analytical, passionate and energetic. You’re comfortable working in an environment where process and structure aren’t always present. You are someone who is intellectually curious and is always looking to elevate your game.
This role combines four core functions: handle daily operations, get, keep & grow talent, execute on key initiatives, and liaise with internal partners to build our customer base and brand loyalty. You will be able to multitask and quickly adapt to the roles required for each of the following functions:
About the Opportunity
Run daily operations - As the Operations Manager, you demonstrate good judgment and business intelligence. It will be your priority to ensure that day to day operation of the business is supported and achieved. You will be responsible for meeting our customer needs by delivering important metrics (Service level, TNPS and Quality scores, etc.), collecting and analyzing feedback & trends, ensuring self-help options are available and up-to-date, and by championing the voice of the customer.
Get, Keep and Grow Talent - At Ting, our employees are important to us. They are the engine that drives the things our customers love most about Ting. As the Operations Manager, you will be a key partner for the cultivation of talent within the organization. Our teams should feel empowered when working with our customers. They should have a clear view of what it takes to be successful, and a path on how to get to that next step in their career, whatever that may be.
Execute on core initiatives - Ensuring that we provide a consistently strong experience for our customers is critical for our success. As an Operations Manager, you will need to have a big-picture perspective and balance the customer, employee, and business needs. You will be accountable for ensuring that key initiatives have the right resources allocated and are delivered on time successfully. You will be able to determine needs within the company and connect groups to work together to solve problems as they arise.
Liaison with internal partners to grow our customer base and brand loyalty. As the Operations Manager, you play an important role in representing the voice of the customer within the larger Ting Team. The work that you do helps to drive the growth of our customer base and helps to guide our internal team to deliver the in-demand features our customers/employees are asking for. You will need to be a critical thinker who can analyze situations and make decisions geared toward the company's best interests, rather than those of a single department.
What you’ll be doing?
- Conduct regular 1:1’s with Team Managers to discuss personal development, team performance, quality, and key business initiatives.
- Analyze daily, weekly, and monthly reports to measure performance.
- Track trends and mobilize required team members to recommend/implement actions to address client satisfaction, employee satisfaction, visit volume targets, service delivery targets, etc.
- Perform deep-dives to find the root causes behind variances of key parameters over a given time-period
- Promote and cultivate accountability in day to day operations
- Understand and share the vision with support leaders and the team
- Act as a talent leader by attracting and securing the “right” people to deliver the services and by contributing toward the ongoing professional development of team members through teaching, guidance, coaching and mentoring
- Actively communicate and provide updates in support leadership meetings
- Partner with WFM to ensure schedules accurately reflect positive customer/employee engagement
- Be a Leader: facilitate openness and build trust to increase the sharing of knowledge and system adoption
What you’ll bring:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience leading teams & people in leadership roles. Shown leadership capabilities including leading leaders and Advisors with a variety of skill levels and personalities by coaching, mentoring and performance management, to drive the best performance from each team member
- Can adapt quickly and lead others through change
- Effective decision-making by retrieving and aggregating data from multiple sources and compiling it into a digestible and actionable format to communicate to leaders
- Creativity; you can think outside of the box, and evaluate issues from a non-linear perspective to make responsible decisions
- Understanding of employee engagement to ensure a positive employee experience
- Strong communication and influencing skills to interact with Sr. Leadership
- Excellent written and communication skills, with an emphasis on process and product documentation
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, with the ability to excel under pressure. The ability to multitask and prioritize for themselves and others
- A commitment to continuous learning and self-improvement
- Professional demeanor and leadership presence
- Proven expertise of support software systems
- Flexibility to support escalations as needed
- Regular travel between Toronto/St. Catherine's offices is a requirement
We believe diversity drives innovation. We are committed to inclusion across race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status. We celebrate multiple approaches, and the diverse points of view drives us forward every day.