System Administrator Domains
Tucows has been on the Internet since people unironically called it the Information Superhighway.
Today, we’re the second largest domain wholesaler in the world with Millions of domains under management (OpenSRS / Enom). We’re doing all kinds of interesting things including running an MVNO cell phone service (Ting) and building fiber to the premises networks in towns and cities across the US (Ting Internet). We offer individual and small business domains and integration with Shopify, Squarespace and many others (Hover and Ascio).
We’re a team of over 600 serving tens of millions of customers around the world.
Our growth has been incredible (NASDAQ: TCX, TSX: TC). It has also been smart and measured. Our success is built on a solid technology foundation thanks to a culture of DevOps excellence.
That’s where you come in. As a Systems Administrator, you’ll seed innovation and creativity in a dynamic, fast-paced successful and yet stable company.
We are looking for a highly organized self-starter Windows system administrator with Linux knowledge who thrives creating and maintaining efficient hosting environments and processes. You will primarily handle provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, maintenance and troubleshooting of systems hardware and software. You will work together with developers and other partners to maintain an efficient running and highly available infrastructure.
You will be responsible for running a dedicated domain registration platform and associated service with excellence. You will support the business needs by collaborating with developers and other partners which reflects into changes on the platform. You will respond and solve incidents and issues that may occur on our platform. Collaborate with the manager of domain operations on progress and set targets and project goals.
Skills and Experience you’ll bring:
- Strong and proven Windows & IIS knowledge
- Familiarity with Linux OS
- Experience with virtualization such as VMWare or KVM
- Knowledge of programming languages and operating systems for scripting tasks
- Solid understanding of internet services like DNS/HTTP(S) and hosting technologies
- Excellent problem-solving skills & Team player
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to simplify complex technical information
- Ability to work under stress and meet deadlines
- Ability to time manage and prioritize tasks effectively
Nice to have skills & experience
- Strong affinity with security
- Microsoft certifications an asset
- Rotating on-call schedule, to include holidays and weekends
You might remember Tucows as the place to download software before software download sites got gross... not to mention almost entirely irrelevant. That was indeed us. That was also a long time ago on a server far, far away.